giovedì 10 settembre 2009

Giampaolo Tarantini lists women he claims he took to Silvio Berlusconi’s parties

A businessman at the heart of the sex scandals surrounding Silvio Berlusconi has told prosecutors that he supplied 30 women for parties hosted by the Prime Minister, some of whom were paid to have sex with him. Giampaolo Tarantini, who is under investigation in Bari for allegedly paying Italian and foreign women to go to Mr Berlusconi’s villas, said that he set out to get to know the Italian leader because of his power and influence. He said: “To this end I incurred considerable expense to enter into his confidence. Knowing of his interest in the female sex, I brought him girls who I presented as my friends — keeping quiet about the fact that I had paid them.” The allegations came to light yesterday when evidence that Mr Tarantini gave to investigators in July was leaked to the newspaper Corriere della Sera.
He is under investigation for corruption, abetting prostitution and supplying cocaine.
Mr Tarantini added that he wanted to “establish a network in the public administration because I thought that these days girls and cocaine were the key to access and success in society”, according to the report. He allegedly supplied women for 18 parties at Mr Berlusconi’s residences in Rome and Sardinia between September last year and January this year.Some of them were paid €1,000 (£878) for “sexual services” while others were paid expenses only, it was claimed. Mr Berlusconi’s office declined to comment. The Prime Minister has always denied paying women for sex or any other impropriety, and he is not under investigation. Last night Mr Berlusconi said that he was the victim of “ferocious attacks” but insisted that his popularity was undiminished. “I think Italians recognise themselves in me,” he told a meeting of his party’s youth wing. “I am one of them. I was poor, I am interested in the things that interest them. I love football, I smile, I love others and, above all else, beautiful women.” However, the allegations will add to pressure on Mr Berlusconi who, in a failed attempt to stem the flow of rumours about his private life, has issued writs against Italian and foreign newspapers and started a counter-offensive through Il Giornale, the newspaper owned by his family.
Continue ...
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/europe/article6828309.ece

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento