giovedì 11 giugno 2009

Veronica Lario breaks silence over divorce from Silvio Berlusconi

Veronica Lario, the wife of Silvio Berlusconi, the Italian Prime Minister, has broken her silence over their acrimonious public divorce, saying that nobody knows the "true story" behind the break-up and that she and her marriage have been "brutally besmirched". In her first public statement since she asked for a divorce at the end of April, Ms Lario said in a brief letter to the Italian daily Corriere della Sera, published on its front page, that "during these last weeks I have watched in silence without reacting in the media to the brutal besmirching of myself, my dignity and the story of my marriage". She added "What is certain is that the truth of the relationship between myself and my husband has not even been touched on, nor has the reason for which I had to turn to the press to communicate with him. It is also certain that I have always loved him, and that I have lived my life at the service of my marriage and my family." Ms Lario demanded a divorce after her husband had attended the 18th birthday party in Naples of Noemi Letizia, an aspiring model who said she called him "Papi" and that he had "brought me up". Ms Letizia said that Mr Berlusconi, who gave her a €6,000 gold and diamond pendant for her birthday, often phoned her, "and I go to him".
Continue ...
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/europe/article6476921.ece

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento